Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player


Just want to tell you that you have an excellent crew who was able to deliver a first class service. All of the crew was professional, polite and very nice gentlemen.

I have troops of over 370 officers working for me in the office and your crew is as good as my officers. If I were you, I would feel very proud of them. Please pass my compliments to them and let the Boss know as well.



  • Copy of Passport (the page showing photo) and copy of Visa and/or Work Permit (for foreign citizens only)
  • Inventory (original) in German or English, valued, dated and signed by the Customer
  • Signed declaration, stating the imported goods are the owners personal effects
  • Signed declaration, stating the imported goods are not subject to any customs restrictions (e.g. drugs, weapons, etc.)
  • Statement of Transfer from employer (in German if possible) should state the shipper was an employee for the company abroad, how long he/she has lived in this certain country, and will remain an employee of the company in Germany
  • Foreign citizens must obtain a Work Permit (Arberterlaubnis) issued by the local employment office
  • Residence Visa (not needed for German nationals) or Residence Permit (granted only after a Work Permit has been issued)
  • Certificate of registration with the German police ("Polizeiliche Anmeldung")
  • Customer's declaration that no taxable high value goods (such as alcohol, tobacco, coffee, tea, guns, etc.) are in shipment. Such goods must be listed separately and will be taxed.
  • Certificate of Registration (Anmeldebestaetigung) from the local registration office (Einwohnermeldeamt)
  • German nationals need a declaration from German Embassy or Consulate confirming their length of stay abroad and exact destination address in Germany. Without this document, shipment will not clear Customs.
  • German Customs Form 0350 (Zollantrag) in triplicate, stating goods will not be sold for one year
  • Health Certificate may be required
  • Copy of Insurance Certificate
  • Customs clearance Power of Attorney Form authorizing Destination Agent to act on behalf of the customer in liaison with Customs
  • Foreign diplomats need a Certificate from the Embassy or Consulate
  • Power of Attorney


  • Used household goods are duty-free if Customer has resided at least one year abroad, if the goods were owned by Customer over six months and will not be sold for a minimum of one year
  • Goods should be imported within one year of Customer taking up residence; if not, reasons needed for delay - maximum limit three years
  • Inheritance Items
    • Death Certificate
    • "Erbschein" or an official document which certifies the customer has inherited the items from the deceased and states the relationship between them
  • Wedding Trousseaux
    • Marriage Certificate
    • If household goods are imported before the marriage, proof must be furnished the marriage will take place within two months


  • New items (less than six months old) invoice required
  • Alcohol
    • Inventory must detail exact number and size of bottles, exact alcoholic strength in percent, and value of each bottle.
  • Tobacco, tea, coffee, toilet waters, perfumes, etc.
  • Foodstuffs in large quantities (do not recommend shipping with household goods)
  • Electronic items such as computers, videos, stereos, etc. (must show serial number and have purchase invoice)
    • Duplicate appliances or electrical equipment may be assessed high duties
  • Large amounts of handicrafts


  • Guns require a Certificate of Registration, valid passport of owner, proof of ownership, and a gun license for importation
    • Duty-free if firearm has been owned for at least six months prior to importing
    • Guns must be easily accessible
    • Must apply for a German Ownership Permit
    • List as last items on inventory, indicate model, caliber and serial number
  • Explosives
  • Ammunition
  • Drugs and narcotics
  • Live plants (need special Import Permit)
  • Any protected animal or species, dried plant or items of historical significance (ivory, snakeskin, leopard fur, pre-Colombian items, etc.)
  • Pornographic material
  • Certain types of meat
  • Absinthe, methyl alcohol and pure alcohol
  • Radioactive material
  • Wine, grape juice and other various foodstuffs and consumer goods in large quantity


  • Admitted duty-free if Customer has lived abroad for over one year, has owned and used the auto for a minimum of six months, if brought in for personal use with household goods and will not be sold for one year
  • Cars must be inspected before licensing, comply with German technical and environmental regulations and require modifications
  • Documents required:
    • Proof of ownership
    • Car documents
    • German driver's license
    • Owner's passport
    • Owner's police registration in Germany (polizieliche Anmeldebestatigung)
    • Insurance record from country of origin
    • Third-party liability insurance that begins with Customs clearance
    • Declaration of Customer that no high value goods are in car
    • Origin Registration and copy of title
    • Commercial invoice, if new vehicle
    • It is highly recommended that the Customer informs the Destination Agent of all auto details prior to importing.


  • Dogs, cats and canaries permitted with Health Certificate (in German or with a translation) issued by a licensed veterinarian describing the animal and stating that the pet is free from rabies and contagious diseases
  • Health Certificate is valid ten days from the date in which it was issued (20 days for pets coming from non-European countries)
  • All endangered species and exotic animals are prohibited

Note- Custom regulations are subject to change without notice.


Copyright © 1994-2015. FTC Logistics (HK) Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Home       |       About Us       |       Estimate       |      Move Planner       |       Feedback       |       Contact Us